Listen up! Did you miss the 2014 ABA Tech Show in Chicago last week?
Have no fear. Here are 10 links that will give you a taste of what you missed, but will also get you up to speed in a matter of minutes.
The keynote was given by Rick Klau, a Google Ventures partner and leader of the Startup Labs.
1. 3 Lessons for Legal Innovators (Victor Li - ABA Journal)
One of the most popular speakers was John Dean. Yes, THAT John Dean from the Nixon Watergate era.
2. Watergate's Lasting Legacy to Legal Ethics Reform (Victor Li - ABA Journal)
Cybersecurity is a concern at every firm. The 2013 Cybercrime Survey reported 53% of participants had some type of "internal incident" and 43% say "rogue employees are the biggest threat".
3. 4 Types of Employees Who Put Your Cybersecurity at Risk (Mark Hansen @ABAJournal)
This is of interest to not only the smaller firms, but big firms better pay attention to this take on moneyball for lawyers:
4. Can Small Firms Compete with BigLaw for a Fraction of the Cost? (Victor Li - ABA Journal)
Here is the fun stuff:
7. 60 Sites in 60 Minutes: The 2014 List (ABA Tech Show)
9. 16 Stats on the State of Legal Technology (LexisNexis @Business_of_Law)
I hope you enjoyed that. There were many more to choose from, but these seemed to be relevant to most of you.